Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for your interest in using EcoSense LE. By accessing or using EcoSense LE (the "model" or the "Service"), you agree to the terms below. The Service is owned and controlled by the Institute of Energy Economics and Rational Energy Use, University of Stuttgart (IER). If you disagree with any of these terms, IER does not grant you any right to use EcoSense LE. We reserve the right to update and change these terms from time to time without notice. You can always find the most recent version of these terms here: ecoweb.ier.uni-stuttgart.de/EcoSenseLE/current/user_terms.php
- Access to the information provided by this model is only granted to correctly registered users and by using the provided login page.
- By creating an account, you agree to not attempt to retrieve data using means other than the menus provided.
- The rights of use vested in you (the user) are non-transferable and non-exclusive. IER reserves all other rights with respect to the model.
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your login. Thus, your are liable for any damages or losses IER may suffer arising from unauthorized transmission of your login credentials to any third party.
- IER initially limits access to 100 model runs. Further runs may be granted after requesting an extension by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IER does not store any results. You are solely responsible to retrieve, store and archive your results by your own.
- Any personal and/or business data (name, email, etc.) requested at registration are exclusively used for administrative purposes.
- This data is stored as long as access to the model is granted to you. If the data is no longer needed for the administrating of the Service, it is deleted immediately.
- IER policy prohibits information sharing for marketing or solicitation purposes. Your login credentials must not be passed to any third party, neither by you, nor by IER.
Termination of registration
- If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account by sending an email to email@example.com. If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any further modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using EcoSense LE. Continued use of EcoSense LE indicates your continued acceptence of these terms and conditions.
- If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of EcoSense LE immediately without prior notice by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that your account has been terminated.
- Termination does not release you from any obligations contained in this agreement which continutes after termination.
- Upon termination we will delete any personal data associated with you using EcoSense LE as stored in our system.
Copyright and License
- The ownership of the Service remains with IER.
- IER grants you the rights to use ans share any information and data retrieved by using this Service in line with this agreement in clompliance with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- This explicity means that:
- you make proper reference to IER as the originator of the model, when publishing results obtained from its use.
- you agree to not commercialize or distribute or otherwise use the Service to generate profit income.
Limitation of liability and warranty
- IER is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefullness or availability of any information made available via this website
- IER takes no responsibility for any errors in the model and shall not be liable for any loss or consequential damages suffered by you that may de deemed to have arisen from such errors.
- During the course of this agreement, you agree to inform IER of any errors detected in the model and of possibilities to improve it.
- IER shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in EcoSense LE or any materials available or not included therein, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Service or any features thereof or any materials, (c) any delay or failure in performance.
Although, IER is tempted to provide full-time access to the Service, there is no claim of access and no rebate for offline-time.
This agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with German law which shall be the proper law of this agreement.